What were some of the key take-outs?
It’s clear from the discussion that investing in sustainability is far from black and white. While the two presenters highlighted some of the differences in how their companies approach sustainable investing, there was common ground. For Six Black Pens, our key take-outs were that investment management companies should:
- Have a clear framework for analysing and assessing the companies they invest in
- Avoid industries not consistent with investor values
- Have a clear and transparent governance process
- Actively engage companies to encourage sustainability progress
- Never lose sight of the overarching investment goal – delivering good returns!
We’ll leave the last word to Mr Murray.
“When it comes to investing in sustainability, you can make money. There are lots of opportunities.”
Crispin Murray, Head of Equities, Pendal Group